Sunday, April 10, 2011

C4T Summary 3

Edtech Workshop Logo

For the past 2 weeks, I've had the pleasure of commenting on Andrea Hernandez's blog Ed Tech Workshop. She became a teacher in the early 1990's and has since worked hard to put her digital "handprint" on the world.

The first blog post I commented on was titled: "My life as a reader"
It was wonderful to see that she was such an avid reader! I love that there is someone out there that uses her passion for reading in her classroom. I also admire that she reads to her children every night. I hope that when I become a teacher and maybe a mother I will be able to express the importance of reading just like her!

The second blog post I comment on was "Portfolios-- A 'Digital Can of Worms?'"
This both showed her dedication to her work and also her discouragement for digital portfolios. She has tried very hard to incorporate the digital portfolio despite the problems she has encountered. She has looked for others that share the same desire to use the portfolios and use them properly. She plans to post more about portfolios in the future including her troubles or "cans of worms" and the results. I plan to look back and see if her information can be used when I begin my portfolio for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment