Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Post 5

A popular logo for podcasts.

Eagles' Nest Radio

I must say I liked the different aspects they used for their podcast. The particular podcast I listened to was episode 2 in which they spoke about explorers. I liked the way they began each episode with a rehearsed introduction just like a news radio show. It was also interesting how they used the approach of being in a time machine visiting each explorer. They interview each explorer and "travel" to the next. It showed great creativity and really impressed me.

Podcasting in the classroom

I love the idea of podcasting lectures in order to keep absent students from falling behind. This would be beneficiary to both teachers and students. It saves the teacher from having to catch the student up and it keep the student from falling behind.
My favorite option was the book reading the classroom recorded. I would love to do that when I become an English teacher. It really lets the book come to life when the students are reading it that way. It looked like so much fun!

Judy Scharf Podcast Collection

I must say her posting defining what a podcast is helped me more than anything. I've heard the term podcast used often put I was never sure of its true definition. All I knew was you could listen to them on the ipod and people talk about them all the time. After reading the post "What is a Podcast?" it really helped me to understand.
I also liked the tutorial videos offered. They helped one gain perspective of how to even begin on making a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment