Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blog Post 6

1. The Networked Student



This video really has me thinking about where the future of teaching is going. It is almost overwhelming but exciting at the same time. This will take a completely new type of teacher and student. Students will have to be dedicated to wanting to learn and have the discipline to do the work. The teachers would also have to put much more effort into motivating the students into wanting to learn and working hard.
As far as why a networked student needs a teacher, it is the teachers role to instill the urge to learn into the hearts of her students. He or she must teach the students the one thing the internet won't and that is how great it is to learn. We must also teach them proper internet etiquette and how to respect others who are also using the internet to learn. There will be much to be taught to students on how to become a networked student.
The students will have to learn how to conduct themselves properly on the internet. They will also have to know how to find factual information, and know the difference from opinions versus facts plus how to use both.

2. A 7th Grader's PLE
I realize now this student is in a class much more advanced than what I'm used to. I'm still having trouble getting used to the PLN that has been given to us for this course. I must say it inspires me. I just have to learn more about how to utilize the resources I have more like her. It was interesting to see how it is working in public schools. I now have a lot to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christina!

    It is very exciting that teachers are now having to teach in a different way and students are learning in a different way because of technology advancing. I agree that teachers will always have a spot because it is the teachers job to help guide their students along with technology. I love that you said "it is a teachers role to instill the urge to learn into the hearts of her students". That is very true!

    Also, the 7th grader did a wonderful job on her PLE. I was very impressed. She was helpful while I made mine!

    Brittni Sasser

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...and that is how great it is to learn." VERY well put! Thanks!

    "I now have a lot to think about." Good. That's what we intended!

    What about the smartboard debate?

    ReplyDelete